Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Lepus

Hello

I recall one time when we were heading back to the parking lot from the local park my sister and I noticed someone coming out from their home with a bag of food on her hands. We watched her cross the street and into the trail. We wondered what she was going to do with the bag until we spotted a family of white-tailed deers coming out of the wooded area. The deers quickly went back into the woods as she approached them. She left a pile of corn or nuts on the ground where the deers were standing and headed back home. We stood there watching until the deers came out from the wooded trees and started eating. There were a total of three white-tailed deers: one male and two females. It was a great moment watching these wild animals. I'm sure the woman made a habit of feeding these white-tailed deers.

Speaking of deer season I've read somewhere in the news of wild deers carrying a disease called Bovine Tuberculosis in Michigan. It's contagious and can be spread to humans from what I've read. I'm not sure if any other states have the same issue.

Lepus