Thread: Sensitivity
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I think I am very sensitive and it makes being in the world very painful at times. ... How do I manage these types of situations better? Meditate? Protect my aura? It ends up with me feeling that the world is too painful for me to deal with.
It seems that all this pain you feel is self-created. It is not that the world is painful. Instead you create a story in your head and then you feel pain because you believe your story.

You tell yourself a story about how awful the lady must feel and how the dog might get knocked down by a car, and you feel bad for the rest of the day. For all you know the lady might have found the dog safe and sound five minutes after you left.

If you couldn't help the lady because you cannot walk far or drive then the situation is beyond your control. If there is nothing you can do then accept that there is nothing you can do. Why ruin your day over feelings about something you can do nothing about?

You say "The dog walker is due to pick my dog up tomorrow and I'm scared she will tell me the dog died." Again, you are telling yourself a story about something which may never happen and creating your own suffering.

Is this due to being too sensitive? Or is this due to an inability to step back from the stories you tell yourself and see them as just self-created stories which may never happen?

Peace