View Single Post
Old 14-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Experiencer

*How would you go about correctly imagining the qualities or attributes of the deity?*

This question is what I'm hoping to be answered in a Hindu point of view. I have Buddhist Sutras like for example the Medicine Buddha Sutra. It first starts with praising the Medicine Buddha then goes to a prayer which invokes the deities involved with the practice. It then goes to Buddhist ideals like "We go for refuge in the 3 jewels and 3 roots.." There are some Mantras.. You then visualize a palace for the Medicine Buddha to reside in and visualize him sitting in the palace. You then visualize him inside yourself for about 20 minutes or more. You make offerings by visualizing gifts to the Medicine Buddha. Then there is a main mantra to be chanted. Once done you do what is called completion where you ask for the deities to return to their places of residence and visualize the Main deity to dissipate.

Thats the practice in a Nutshell. The practice absorbs the Medicine Buddhas healing qualities and his Buddha Nature.

So I am looking for similar practices in Hinduism. I know that Tantra started in India and coincided with both Hinduism and Buddhism. I'm looking for a Hindu practice that involves like Krishna, Vishnu, Dhanvantari, Saraswati or Ganesh even..