View Single Post
Old 26-02-2022, 09:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
- with that "said" when I have met someone who lack empathy, it stands out as cold to me and lack of goodness, safety, etc, and scare me to the bone, I can feel something is wrong, the energy's off in a way it's not with others. I'm trying to understand... but can't say I am there yet. )

As far as your opening statements - I guess we'll find out when we get there.

I've known narcissists and sociopaths ... and yes, you feel like you're talking to a wall most of the time. The thing to remember is they aren't all "evil" - it's the emotional" aspect that's missing. This "evil" aspect happens generally as they grow up if they are constantly attacked by parents or anyone else. If they flip out because of this, you now enter into the world of narcissistic personality disorder and psychopathy.

This is an excellent video regarding someone who never knew they were a sociopath ... and because they had a good life growing up, they didn't "lose it," and pretty much sound like other people we see all the time. It's called: Confessions of a Pro-Social Psychopath. The "pro-social" is his wording against "anti-social."

(There doesn't seem to be a way to post this vid ... so ... you'll have to go to YouTube.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqn6Z_Iss0
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)