Thread: About Praying
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 AM
res

This an interesting thread as predicted.

Is "prayer" a word created by the new religion as part of the god system? I understand the idea of putting forth intent to build change but does the actual word "prayer" relate to putting forth intent with emphasis on leaving it in the hands of their god in hopes that god may grant your wishes?

Id imagine that people all through the ages have concentrated their intent and in different ways and called it by many different names. Witches put together spells, voodoo paractitioners use their dolls and for me i feel that every thought that i put in to a reiki session is a form intent also.

I cant say if this is the truth but i had an insight into understanding the prayer hands as used in the new religion. During a prayer i was making while working with a christian esoteric cirlce i seen the thoughts in the form of energy exiting my hands through the palms. Because the palms were together the energy is blocked and is then sent out through the fingers by default. The pray hands point up and sends the energy above to where we are told god resides. Therefore the power to build the change is taken away from us and passed on to gods judgement.
It seems that directing intent with open palms is reserved for those of the priesthood. May be why we were taught not to point the finger in anger as it may resemble an athame and personal empowerment.

Is "Prayer" a religious term created to describe the process used in the new religion or was it around before the system started?