Thread: Mother Nature
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We can of course complain as much as we like - mainly about 'the others'.
Start making suggestions about one or more solutions then you'll see in just what a predicament we are in.

If we were all rice farmers up to our knees in water planting and harvesting as the years go by we'd probably be alright - But?
Hello Busby. Please excuse my long winded reply in advance ....
But you did challenge me and ask !!!

When you've got Hull blood running through your veins enough said.The women of Hull are not called "fishwives" for nothing, and all respect. They call a spade a spade.
Let's take , for example , Lillian Bilocca...."Big Lil"....
Born 26 may 1929 Hull.
Died 3rd August 1988 in Hull Royal.
The very hospital many of my kin were born including my precious grandbabies.

Lillian's campagne was for safer fishing measures , as leader of the "headscarf heroes" , and inspiration enough.
Put it this way , they dont paint your mural the height of three double decker buses on the side of a building behind the Paragon exchange for nothing.

My grandad was a trawlerman from Hull.
And my great uncle ( his brother ) was lost at sea age 26 on his maiden journey to Norway , during a storm on valentine's day , and Is recorded in the book of rememberance in the maritime museum in Victoria Square Hull.

And then of course my other ancestor , Nurse Edith Cavell , executed during ww1. Why ??? For being "humane" and trying to save lives.

Both of the above named ladies a great inspiration to me and my beliefs in doing all that I can to help raise awareness and be pro-active in fighting for a cause .

So YES .
The planet can be saved/ helped/ healed .
But it needs a lot of homework and it needs us to go back to basics .

No- one can run a marathon without training.
Someone with two broken legs cannot learn to run again before they first learn how to walk.
Rome was NOT built in a day.

HOMEWORK
RESEARCH
ACTION.....

it CAN be done ..

But even before all of that ..

EDUCATION.

Not by one person, but by the masses who have learnt by

EDUCATION
HOMEWORK
RESEARCH
ACTION.
But ....
Above and beyond that ....

HUMANITY
CARING
SHARING
and
LOVE .

I won't be around long enough in this lifetime.