View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't know about a gnostic concept but i do believe that the Gnostic's were the true Christians at the time, where in the so called bible they are made out to be a bad lot, i think that was forged into the writings as also was many other writings, it is hard when we find out that we have been taken for a ride, I know, i was where you are once.

I was a Gnostic for over a decade, and have a library half full of their texts. They were not the true Christians. They could not comprehend the logos at the time, and that was the purpose of John's gospel.

"In the beginning, two things existed-- the one was God and the other was matter. Matter was always there and was the raw material out of which the world was made. The Gnostics held that this original matter was flawed and imperfect. It was made of material which had the seeds of corruption in it. God, they said, is pure spirit, and pure spirit can never touch matter at all, still less matter which is imperfect. Therefore it was not possible for God to carry out the work of creation himself. So he put out from himself a series of emanations. Each emanation was further and further away from God; and, as the emanations got further and further away from him, they knew less and less about him."

What do you think about the above? Notice the similarity of Genesis and John's gospel.