View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 10:05 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
On a physics forum, I would have to agree that there is not much room for spirituality, nor should there be. Perhaps a mention or two near the boundaries of knowledge, but always with an acknowledgement that one has a toe or two over the line.

On a spirituality forum on the other hand there is plenty of room for QM and any and all of the sciences. I have always found the sciences, particularly the weirdness of QM and GR, to be helpful pointers for my spirituality, as long as I don't let them restrict me to only staying on the paths to which they point.

Here's several interviews on what (ultimately) exists with some interesting takes, starting with Sean Carroll. https://youtu.be/z5qtyOwsiEk

Here's a notion or intuition I have and it mostly agrees with Sean, however for whatever reason I don't stop at quantum mechanics. Something deep down inside says the quantum wave function is the first manifestation of the Absolute, whatever It might be. Perhaps the Unified Field although this is where I'm out of my depth. I don't have the level of knowledge of theoretical physics to make any such statement as I'm not sure of the relationship between a proposed Unified Field (Superstring, M-Theory, etc...) and the quantum wave function.

By the way, intuition also informs me the Unified Field and Consciousness are one in the same, although this is where we get into the Ineffable and therefore it's beyond observational verification. Just my silly notion.