View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Busby,

Where were you before you came here ? What was it like ? Was it good ? As compare to what ?

Being given life is simply this: You are given a chance.

I have long been of the opinion, and it fits in well with my own experience, that we humans know a lot more than we think. This is visible with the ease which we adapt to the condition we call life. Life quickly becomes a natural condition, so natural that we accept it without much thought or doubt.
So for me the assumption that I (we) appeared out of nothingness doesn't come into question.
Were I to have been given a chance this would mean that some force or energy outside myself designated such a chance. This I do not accept. Any third party being responsible for my life or existence doesn't fit in my philosophy.
As I sit here writing this I know that a long chain of experiences embedded in that thing we call evolution has led to me to be able to write this or do anything else - that is to be (or having arrived)in a condition or 'state' which has evolved so much that we can experience the acceleration of consciousness.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.