View Single Post
Old 28-11-2022, 07:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminary
I assumed readers of this section know those embracing non-duality to understand that all is one - love and hate, me and it, us and them, good and bad, right and wrong - that there are no such labels in oneness.

Not one, not two.

Meaning thereby, that existence is neither dual nor non dual. There is a reason why there is a multiplicity of beings, and not just Brahman. Also, let me explain further about what EXACTLY is non dual and what EXACTLY is dual. Consciousness or awareness is non dual, but if you think while you are aware, then that introduces duality to perception, no matter who you are, be it the greatest being of the universe.

Why is awareness mixed with thought dual ? Because it is thought that posits a subject and an object. Remove thinking and all becomes one (not just feels like one just because you are thinking "all is one") but actually your experience will be one of oneness.

So, thought is dual and awareness unmixed with thought is non dual. And because we are both thinking and aware beings, we are both. Not one, not two.

Even after enlightenment you will be thinking also, not just blissfully aware. So, existence as a whole is NEVER non dual.

Also, let us take the physical body, either your own or someone else's. If you can distinguish between the different body parts, your awareness is mixed with subtle thought (of recognition) and will be dual.