View Single Post
Old 18-12-2021, 12:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Bad news

Technology has enabled negative influences to creep into our homes, but I have only recently noticed them slopping about.

Like most other locked down people, I quickly became absolutely sick of the relentless news of the gloom and doom pandemic. So I switched off a lot, but curiosity drew me back in, like a dim moth to a bright lamp.

Not only is the news itself frequently unpleasant, but worse, it triggers toxic reactions in myself. The scoundrels, liars and downright psychopaths in society always seem to be winning. At a general level that is an illusion, of course, but we are often unmindful and careless about our resulting thought patterns. We love to hate, and if we slow down enough we can spot our easy judgments and embittered attitudes. They are quite normal, given a prod by the negatives. The only remedy is to be aware of zombie thoughts and to calmly let them shuffle away.

Since becoming a newsfaster I do feel more content and available at every moment, for the moment, and I am now quite centred.

Is this just self indulgent? Well, there is not a chance of having the slightest influence on almost anything on the national news, but I would, of course, take heed of local issues. I am in contact with difficult people often enough to develop my own growth, thank you.