Thread: The me in me
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Whenever I listen to Swami Nityananda, I feel almost certain he is just trying to mentally confuse me on purpose, so as to stop me from thinking about anything he has actually said...please understand. LOL

I watched a very nice parody of him on YouTube the other day, with the cast of Big Bang Theory, which had me in stitches:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXDR68MUh0

All that above quote illustrates to me, is that he has tied himself up in so many mental knots, that he can't get out of it.

It also goes to illustrate the fallacy of non dual "logic" in that "I am ME", but another is also "ME" but in Non-Dual awareness, there is no "other" despite
them also being "ME" to be 'saved' from anyway...please understand.

Hello Shivani
While I have no reason to differ with you on Swami Nityananda, my close friend who has interacted with him has following to say -

"Swami Nityananda is known for many outlandish statements made nonchalantly. Of course, based on this, many memes float around. But, you should meet him. He can shock you beyond what you can imagine. He is an interesting guy to meet"

All of us respond to various inputs in many different ways. The above quoted statement of Swami Nityananda evoked in me a flash of non-separation between a me and a you. The element of "saving", I reckon is just a metaphor.
Namaskar