View Single Post
Old 25-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Master
From a spiritual perspective the Earth is a living being, and it, as well as the universe, is in a homeostatic state, just like our physical body. The earth is the physical body of a consciousness, and it seeks a steady state of balance, just like our own physical body.

The human race had a beginning and whatever had a beginning has and end. The only question is how fast do we want that end to come? I echo what Native Spirit said, and believe besides human made pollutants, population growth is a prime factor.

More people means lumber companies will cut down more trees and clear more forests to build homes for that increasing population, they will cut down more trees to have more farmland to grow food for that increased population, etc., and trees are essential to the breath of human, animal, insect, and plant life on this planet.

I do not feel we will destroy the planet but I do feel we will destroy ourselves, not by nuclear weapons, but by planned obsolescence; the human race is currently enacting plans that will make us obsolete. Self-imposed extinction. It may take a major human catastrophe, bigger than this pandemic, to wake people up to a more sustainable existence.

I do not see spirituality alone as a remedy to our predicament. Unfortunately, history has shown that spirituality usually turns into religion and religion is very competitive, in the past often to the point of religious wars. Although I do believe that people have to feel in their heart that we hold our own destiny in our hands. Right now it is a stifling mental debate.

I used to go camping 2-weeks every month, sadly not for the past year due to this pandemic. But being out in nature, in the Mojave Desert, on top of a snow capped mountain, camping yards from a roaring river, or near the ocean, in a lush green valley, and open meadow, or among tall trees in a thick forest, the air is so fresh, and the water so sweet and clear, once you get away from so-called civilization. I love nature, and I miss it. Can’t wait to get back to it. Nature automatically spiritually attunes me. It is to be respected.