View Single Post
Old 15-10-2019, 01:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Got a good scare from labradorite

I recently bought a labradorite and my experience frightened me so much that I have been scouring the internet on forums the past few days trying to find out if anybody has experienced what I just did the other night. For context, I am very new to stones/crystals, even spirituality, I really don't know or feel anything regarding the topic, but recently I bought this labradorite out of curiosity and for whatever reason, I decided to place it on my bed next to me.

I ended up falling asleep on my right side, with my right arm extended out and right palm facing upwards, underneath a pillow. On top of that pillow was where I placed the labradorite. I had the most scary/bizarre experience or "dream," except I thought it was all real. And I did not recognize that it was sleep paralysis nor lucid dreaming. The best way to explain it is I thought it was real, because in this state, I "dreamt" (felt) the stone was in my palm and it started to spin! I felt it spin in circles and then the spinning accelerated quickly, so much so I felt immense heat in my right hand. And there was a white light beneath the stone, above my palm, shining. As it was spinning like a fidget spinner in my hand, that's where I started to feel like what I could only describe was an earthquake experience. A feeling of my body rumbling, trembling, as if the floor beneath my bed was shaking, almost like I'm on an airplane with turbulence and feeling short, sinking, dropping feelings with rumbles. As this was happening, I heard very distinct, loud wind close to my ear.. I registered it as wind through my window. It wasn't a fluctuating breezy type of wind either. It was loud, a constant blowing of wind.. almost as if in a rush.

I'd like to think I've experienced the differences between a "scary dream," sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming. But this was different, I don't know what this was- all I can say is I felt all the sensations from and through my body. I thought it was all real. And as I was freaking out in this dream, which could not have been more than 5 seconds, I said/yelled/begged "please stop" to the stone and tried to throw it away from me. I think I did so, and then I peered opened my eyes. I could still hear the strong wind sound through my window and I could still FEEL the trembling earthquake beneath me, rumbling! Specifically on my right side, which was tingling heavily. The hand that "held" the stone felt so heavy, kind of like when your leg goes asleep and you feel the prickling sensations, except without the prickling and I was scared to move it. Eventually it started to rumble less and stopped shaking altogether and the sound of the wind started to diminish, all while I am awake. To say I was scared is an understatement. For somebody who doesn't believe in this stuff, my body was tingling from everything and I couldn't sleep until I could see sunshine.

I'm not someone who has ever experienced supernatural, paranormal experiences.. or even has bad dreams often. And if I do, I *know* it was only a dream. But this was different. It was a very real, feeling experience, so it's hard for me to chalk it up to it just being some "bad dream." I can't help but chalk it up to the doings of the stone.

At this point, this experience has really shaken me up and I just don't really know what to make of it. When I told my friend about this, he jokingly said it sounded like some portal was about to open up beneath me. Although he was joking, I guess I kind of resonated with it because I was just so scared of what was happening, or what could happen if I didn't try to stop it. As soon as I could gain the courage to move my body when I was awake I googled if there was an earthquake, there wasn't. And I've been checking afterwards, there hasn't been any significant earthquake since.

The experience *itself* I suppose, may not be a "negative" experience per say, but certainly because it was so paranormal feeling I was just terrified and wanted to get rid of anything spiritual related. On the flip side, my same friend said it was the stone revealing its powers to me and to not be scared and to follow it.

I don't know whether or not I should keep it or discard the stone at this point.