View Single Post
Old 25-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Guide

My personal use of the terms will refer to the definition given by Xan, but in opposite order.

To go a bit deeper, I see 'spirit' as the part of us that constitutes the observer of one's soul, as the soul; that which powers the soul as a creation by becoming it. However, this point of awareness by itself, often referred to as 'ego', only knows that which it has experienced since its birth as a soul. But I also see spirit as a projection of awareness that is interconnected with a greater part of itself. So the spirit of one's soul, as having become the soul, only knows itself as a soul within the dimensions of duality. I suppose this is because the soul is designed to make the spirit extension forget its origin as it becomes one with it, just like how the soul forgets its origin when it enters the physical body ("as above, so below"). Regardless, as an extension of a greater part of itself, the part of one's spirit that now constitutes the soul is still connected with its origin as a greater being, as it cannot truly become separate from itself. I think this may suggest that the greater part of our spirit is all-encompassing through all of existence, and thus, in a sense, already exists here with us, as what some people term one's 'higher self'. So spirit is then an extension of itself as awareness integrated within and as the soul, and simultaneously a greater being that exists as a division of 'god', which experiences itself as one with every other division of god as spirits.