View Single Post
Old 20-08-2020, 04:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
What determines if an emotion is positive or negative?
The outcome.

Quote:
I believe one needs to consider what the emotions are a result of.

Optimism, "positivity", and bliss can be the result of ignorance, stupidity, malice, deception, corruption, delusions, etc.

Conversely, anger and "bitterness" can be the result of awareness; consciousness, elevated minds, righteousness, the demand for justice, etc.

In regards to the mapping of appreciation and anger, how about an individual whose anger comes from the appreciation of life that others don't have? How about anger for the lack of gratitude in this world? How about anger for all the injustices? How about anger for all those taken advantage of? How about anger for all the violations of life, nature, and creation? How about anger for all the deception? How about anger for all the corruption?
Anger is anger. Its reason doesn't matter.

Quote:
To be quite honest, I would question the nature and authenticity of someone who didn't have anger. Either 1. You have mental/emotional impairments 2. You're delusional as to the state of humanity, nature, and the world. 3. You're avoiding / suppressing it. 4. You have no compassion nor empathy. 5. You are not aware of what is taking place or do not place importance on such subject matters. 6. Result of conditioning / programming.
I get it: you're angry, and believe that it is normal, healthy, even good.

I believe anger is unhealthy and bad because brings in your life more anger, and because eventually degenerates in fear, which is the worst of the negative emotions. I do my best to avoid it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.