View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I would say that as I have been putting it across in regards to illusory refers to the person isn't what it seems or appears to be .

Just as the rope is mistaken for a snake and vice vera .

So when I say that non dualists say there is no one here, there are no separate persons present they become illusory in that they are not actually self aware as individual peeps .

What I am pressing in another thread is that dreamy characters who are not individually self aware in the first place cannot awaken or transcend the so called dream .. it's like a shadow and a shadow cannot feel pain, nor can a shadow be aware of any truths .

It's no good as I see it having a premise about reality and the nature of appearances that pertain to the person when such appearances negate the foundation of the premise .

x daz x

I think what you have said is a valid proposition. Although, again, I don’t necessarily embrace bifurcations. In my perspective duality and non-duality coexist. Duality refers to physical existence while non-duality refers to formless spiritual, or non-physical, existence.

Going deep into inner silence is similar to a dream state, no past or future, no thoughts, just being. For me non-duality means no expression of any kind, while duality exists in the expression of contrasts. The human mind is inherently dual while the core depth of our being is non-dual.

We see, observe, and analyze expressions; one such expression is individuality, or the appearance of separateness. In my opinion there are many levels of reality and no such thing as absolute reality, at least none that we can know with our mind.