View Single Post
Old 29-07-2012, 07:06 AM
mac

The 'end of time' / Doomsday scenarios seem to be attractive to some folk. Maybe they're desperate to see 'the hand of God' at work?

When BP's rig was spewing oil the doom-mongers were predicting all manner of cataclysmic happenings. How many of them came about? I could go on but I hope I've made my point.

I was asked if I had a specific question but of whom would I be asking any specific question? Of 'spirit'? Of course not! Whatever communicator any particular individual may be in contact with, that entity will have understanding only as an individual not as some kind of megabrain called 'spirit' which knows everything that can be known.

The so-called spirit that folk say they speak to is not a homogeneous entity, not one pure all-knowing thing. Most of the folk fortunate enough to be able to discern spirit entities - discarnates - at best may find themselves communicating with a few individuals and at worst just a single one with no guarantee about their knowledge and understanding.

If I were to ask a question of anyone, be that here or 'over-there', I'd first want to know what they know! Would there be any point in asking a primary (elementary) school-child about advanced thermo-dynamics or differential calculus? Of course not but a discarnate communicator may be at an equivalent state of her/his education. (these are simply individuals and with gender don't forget )

Why, then, would I want to ask a question of an unseen entity who likely will have no depth of understanding of a particular subject?

It's a common misconception that when 'speaking to spirit' one is automatically speaking to something/someone that automatically knows far more than humankind just because he/she/it is of the spirit.

The actuality is that an entity will naturally know more about life in the etheric but not necessarily much more about the world than they knew when incarnate.

Or about a world they never lived in.....