View Single Post
Old 19-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaakov001
If I may be so bold as to interrupt, I'm an ethnic Jew whose 1st experience w/ organised religion was the Roman, & then the English Churches. My family was TOTALLY non-Observant. I almost became a monk & Priest of the C of E. I found the Faith of my Fathers (Judaism) 12 yrs ago. Coming from that background, YES, a Christian coming in here & arguing about something called the "Old Testament", assuming that we Jews should just accept that there is a "New" one later is VERY offensive. Your Christian Bible is NOT ours. The Hebrew Bible that you equate w/ the "Old Testament" is NOT Christologically translated. The books are grouped differently, counted differently, & ordered differently as well. Jesus is as foreign to us as the Buddha. He is merely 1 of many failed messianic claimants down through the yrs. He has no meaning to us except 1: The HUGE number of us that have been butchered in his name. So you can take your Jesus & please, go away. If you want to ask questions, fair enough. But don't preach. Deal?

I do have to say it is you preaching.

I disagree with the church and I also agree the bible and the gospels have been altered by the church.

I would also say it is wrong to blame him for what other's have said and done in his name. As it would be for anyone in any culture or system of beliefs.

All the best.