View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 01:59 AM
Experiencer
I've had a few experiences with "fae/nature spirits", although to be honest I don't actually know what they are. Then again, I don't know what I am either, so there you go.

One time a friend and I were visiting a deep gorge on the Cornell campus. It's a beautiful place, with sheer rock walls surrounding a small river that cascades down though it. As a teenager I'd often wandered that gorge, feeling the water and the rocks all around me. It's a wonderful feeling being "embraced" by nature that way.

This time, however, we both sensed that something was going on. Some process/event was taking place. The rocks were singing, as they do, but it was all "pointing" somewhere. So we climbed out of the gorge to see if we could find out what was going on.

My senses then weren't as sharp as they are now, but clearly something was happening. It was all around us. We wandered further into the Cornell campus and found one "center". A rhythmic drumming seemed to be coming from the (bell?) tower of a fairly small building. We couldn't go up to investigate because, unsurprisingly, the tower was locked. Below the tower, in the grass near it we found a very small tree with a lot of barely visible "figures" dancing in a circle around it. My friend and I just watched, quietly, as they swirled around the tree. Clearly they were busy doing something and we didn't want to interrupt them.

It was hard to make out features, but they were all very thin and angular. Sharp elbows and knees, long fingers and feet, narrow heads. About three foot tall - possibly more if they stood up straight, which they weren't. Maybe a dozen or more. We watched for a while then wandered away. All the old trees on campus were participating as well, channeling "something" from the bedrock below up into the sky. By this time night had fallen. It all was quite spectacular.