View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 12:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The ego/Ahamkara is differentiated consciousness and that's what decides what is 'I' or is not 'I', it is also the ego/Ahamkara that superimposes onto the self - as both the religion/philosophy and psychology will tell you.

I'm using "the self" to refer to ego/Ahamkara vs. Self to refer to Atman/Consciousness. And yes, I'm aware of conscious vs. unconscious perception as demonstrated by word lists followed by either a subliminal or supraliminal priming word and then a target word, and how the supraliminal priming word can be more easily corrected for vs. the subliminal priming word.

I'm also familiar with what experience is. Think Kant’s Transcendental Idealism (phenomenon vs noumenon) or philosophy of mind (qualia) and how neuroscience and psychology tie in, at least loosely speaking and from a layman's perspective. Beyond that I've been a keen observer of my own mind operating in real-time, observing what bubbles up from the subconscious. It's what I've been doing since 2008 with consciousness studies and meditation.

Here's something for your consideration. Is it at all possible you have a negative perception/cognition of "Spiritual people" bouncing around in your subconscious and that's priming your reactions to what I post? I ask because it seems to me much of what we posted across the last several posts have much more convergence than divergence but since I'm not framing it in the language you are comfortable with you seemingly dismiss it.

I'm not concerned with the system or language used. I'm interested in the underlying concepts and understandings and looking for symmetries.

All that being said and getting back to the heart of the problem: Without a second. That's my core interest. Either It's "knowable" or It's not. If It's not "knowable" then this entire conversation is unproductive. If It is "knowable" than in some way, shape or form It has to be related to experience, common to all and unique to none. I only see one candidate.