View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I suspected this but did not know if I could suggest it to you. I'm sorry you have not ended up in the way your heart desires, but real happy you managed to get out of a marriage with someone who made fun and pushed you down. I think if one lives long enough with a full blown narcissist or psychopath they take little and little over time, that one does not even notice the unbalance, because you are an empath you want to think the best of everyone and to forgive and forget. Now you got yourself back. Congrats :) be careful in the future so you don't fall for the same type of energy exchange (I have been there, done that) that is there between empaths and narcissists or psychopaths. Just love yourself. I understand though it must be frustraded to be that close (with the friendship) and yet not. He came around when he needed to show you another type of man and how to treat someone, it can be those little moments that will later when one look back shine so bright, just like you remembered. I had unfortunately been in a complete mistake of a relationship with someone I think was worse than a narcissist and I remember that one time someone did just a simple gesture, of giving, to me and I suddenly felt as if I was going to cry out of appreciation because no one had treated me with that kind of generousity, that kindness for some time (I had isolated myself with that person before, the classic) and I thought My god there is a world out there - a world of normal kind human beings and I will fight til my last breath to get out there again. For me it was simply to either decided I will die here (in the relationship, mentally before physically) or I will do what it takes, little by little if so, so I will release myself. I was never pulled back in. His mistake was to leave me alone for a period and then try to win me back again but during that time - I was rebuilding myself. When I got out of that - being healed - I had never felt better. I don't think he for a second truly loved me but it could be he thought he did because that was all he was able to give and by his book he gave much. I felt his dangerous energy before becoming involved with him and I blame myself for letting myself over time ignore that first instinct feeling, the feeling was that I truly, strongly disliked him. After that - I always follow my instinct and I'm right. So please norture yourself. Narcissists and worse can see someone with damaged self esteem and, or someone with empathy miles away.

Thank you so much and I am so sorry you had to go through similar situations. It's amazing how things happen at such a slow pace you don't realize the effect until you look at the big picture over years. I'm so embarrassed. I would love to chat more about your experiences and/or journey if you'd like to message me. I love learning new things and how others overcame their adversities.