View Single Post
Old 25-04-2022, 07:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
Not because of anything bad, but because I feel that we need to keep on moving, going forwards, evolving and learning in life. You can never go back to a past life, you can only go forwards.
Returning for another incarnation - let's avoid using the often-problematical word "reincarnation" - isn't simply returning either to a past life and/or a previous persona. I think some believe they'll come back more-or-less the person they presently are but in a different life.

My preference is to think of the process as more akin to being an actor - we are always the same individual but the part we play in a production changes. To others we're unknown but some are aware they've played other parts in other 'productions' (lives). Our first incarnation (role/part) may be a simple one reflecting our inexperience and our experience grows with every performance. (lifetime) Each subsequent lifetime enables us to try a more challenging part - should we choose.

We don't ever go spiritually backward but we may stand still or make little progress during a particular incarnation. It will depend on what we experience and learn from it.