View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Seeker

"it gets pretty complicated when it comes to triggers for hearing voices and the cause."

I must admit that I am learning a great deal about this strange phenomenon from your posts and links jerseyguy77 and it makes sad reading.
Most of what I already knew comes from the books of Michael Bentine - one of the founder members of the famous Goon Show in the UK along with Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan et.al. As well as being a comedian he was a top class clairvoyant, medium and dowser and he wrote much about hearing voices and demonic possession and Rescue Circles in his many excellent books. "The Door Marked Summer" is my own favourite. Very scary stuff some of it and a serious warning!

The problem as I see it is that thousands of people do spiritual stuff such as Ouija boards, EVP and Spirit Boxes, Tarot and dowsing etc with no noted problems or ill effects and have done for years. Just a small proportion, an unknown number as yet, seem to suffer consequences from mild to severe and although most can it seems handle these, "fragile" individuals may come to grief sadly. this is just my naive attempt to rationalise the situation.

You appear to attribute some of your difficulties to being too regular with your EVP sessions and if that is the true reason perhaps we would all be well advised to limit our exposure to only irregular use until we are sure we have the situation under control - just a suggestion.

In the mean time, it can't do any harm to be fully grounded and protected and to be very suspicious of the motives and identity of any voices our Spirit Boxes relay. Thank you for your warnings, they could save someone (me?) real grief.

Chris.