View Single Post
Old 31-01-2021, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-of-light
I have this dilemma for a long time. I need perspective from others, so I would appreciate any input, and if I offend anyone I am sorry as I mean no harm... I practice mediumship as well my problem is at an outside ordinary job I get unwell the stress and not mention unfulfilling feeling I have to the point I just don't feel belong to any ordinary job. I quit, so my question is, working in a spiritual profession seems right to you ?
Quote:
to take money for gifts that bestow upon you or that belong to you? ... Still, another side of me feels as if it is a mockery to something unique to get payed for something material such as money
If you were born with the gift of intellect, would you have a problem being a scientist, stock analyst or lawyer? If you were born with an athletic gift, would you have a problem with being a professional athlete? The answer is the same for spiritual gifts. Modern society works by money rather than direct barter of goods, money is not inherently evil.

Quote:
from people at their most desperate time?
This can be an ethical problem. Be aware that a lot of mediumship is NOT at someone's 'most desperate time'. Often they just missed their long ago relatives, want some advice from a relative, or are just checking to see if the other side has any messages. Until you have enough experience and trust in your ethics, stick to using these skills well after the death of their loved one (say 1 year).

Quote:
I want to work in the spiritual profession and help I see it as a mission. Still, ..., and deep inside, I am afraid to get corrupted. I want to keep a sense of purity, yet how can I sustain my basic material need without the money? Please, I need advice any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am not clear which corruption you fear. I covered money above. You do not seem overly concerned that spiritual beings would overpower you or exploit you (though this is typically the biggest danger to mediumship).

This leaves you exploiting people when they are vulnerable. My best suggestion is to set parameters before meeting clients regarding cost, how often you will see them, how soon after the death of a loved one you are willing to contact that loved one.

-----------
If you have spirit guides, usually they are willing to help with most of the issues above.