View Single Post
Old 30-01-2021, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-of-light
so if I understand, correctly corruption has many forms such as,
the seven deadly sins like gluttony (a sin I am working on that nearly killed me)
so if I also understand, correctly that is a battle we will fight in all aspect,
not just spiritually but on every aspect, but knowing and being aware
of this that first step one needs to take care and when we stray away,
knowing we did stray away, it's never too late to mend up,
we have have the power to resist corruption,
even if that Darkside we all must live with,
that part of each of our journey,
to learn to live at peace with our darkness without letting it
take over us since it will be impossible to get rid
of that side (part of being here, not perfect),
but with the ability to balance those sins and darkness,
that Darkside and the sins themselves become blessings,
we may look at first just as I did see it as a burden,
to not be perfect with flaws, but now I start to see it,
this not a burden this our key to ascending our true test,
to rise above becoming a channel and conductor
of all energy types, both negative and positive
and all elements.
Yes it is all about the balance, but what is sin other than our will being motivated by craving and/or aversions? For example, isn't gluttony motivated by cravings for some feelings and/or by aversion toward other feelings? Actions impelled by avoiding bad feelings by acquiring good feelings? In this sense I cannot judge it 'sin' which implies evil, but with compassion as a symptom of suffering. It is difficult to let feelings just be as they are, so we tend to run from bad feelings and persue pleasure. Sometimes we have to avoid the depths of woundedness or we wouldn't be able to get through the day, and gluttony is rarely malicious as it does not entail the intent to cause the suffering of others. However, there must be a more subtle aspect of ill-will involved one's aversion toward the feelings one avoids, and to be adverse toward our own feelings end ups expressing as self-harm, in which sense, is it the will to generate suffering, albeit one's own - and ironically, also the will to avoid it.

I don't know if I'm still on track or I wandered off topic, but I just ran out of something to say.