View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I "see" it from both sides of the coin. I'm fully aware of and don't dismiss the experience of mind-body as I would a dream, and at the same time I'm palpably aware of That which witnesses the experience of mind-body. The prior is rather easy to relate, the latter not so easy.

Aside from the mundane experiences of embodied being I've also had paranormal experiences, most minor that I could write off to coincidence and bias if they weren't so frequent and a handful not so minor.
Hello JustGuy, it's interesting you say that. I feel it's been a lifelong journey to know and honor who I am in all aspects. What we might call the consciousness of the body, for example, speaks many truths to us in many settings, throughout our lives. So does mind. And so does spirit. The challenge IMO is seeking a place of balance that honours all aspects of who we are.

Quote:
I think some of the rub is a perception the impersonal experience somehow invalidates the personal experience, however I don't see it that way. As I see it that impersonal experience is present for all of us, though perhaps not recognized. I "see" It as That. It's the Extraordinary masquerading as the ordinary. God playing at being not God. How can I dismiss God simply because It's wearing a mask?
You're right...All that is is present for all of us, and for each of us, in each moment. I think we each find our own way to meditate on, ponder, integrate, or connect with that experience. And the truth of that is that the experience cannot be or remain wholly impersonal or abstract, once we seek to apprehend What Is...that is the limitation (and blessing) of our humanity. What we do with that and how we choose to continue to meditate, ponder, integrate, or engage with that, is up to each of us as we walk our paths.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke