View Single Post
Old 25-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
I am also an introvert and used to be called shy as a child. My take on shyness is just lack of practice in social situations. I worked with children for many years and there never was one that didn't come out of her/his shell once shown the tools, which they did by observing others.

Yes I agree with you on this. Most often the extreme nature of my own introversion as a child was viewed as shyness but in fact it was that no one who truly understood me as I was being. So their was never any intervention to support me to come out of my shell so to speak. I was always deemed as the *quiet one*. Or the one very shy. In fact I had no reason to come out, in the way others were trying to say I should or had too. It felt all so unreal to me as a child and unsafe to do so. I worked with children for ten years and I noticed in my own support in this way, I would often intercept naturally to support highly sensitive introverted children, in ways I was never shown. I would often notice the extroverted staff rushing at times to bring them out of their shell. Which in my day was a *normal* thing to do. Where as my awareness often brought me to their space as it was to listen deeper to exactly what they required to move more comfortably and more connected. Rather than pushed and moving in ways unnatural to them. So in this way I gave back them what I learned to give to myself in a deeper more thoughtful understanding of how introverts like to take their time and move more slowly in their own inward reflective process.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder