View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 06:06 AM
Knower

There is something I thought about after making the first post in this thread which I feel needs to be included. Mental activity is detectable using scientific/medical devices. Brain activity is somewhat electrical. If we are alive with healthy brains we are generating brain waves. This is sensed by some and stronger than others while many sense nothing and rely only on standard/conventional senses like hearing and seeing combined with voiced language. "Telepathy" by my definition includes a degree of organization, comprehension and utilization. Even if we do all of this unconsciously it would still be telepathy. However, if all you are doing is sensing the waves and vibes without deriving anything recognizable or useful it is not at the level of telepathy and is merely sensing energy.

What makes people "psychic" and "telepathic" is when they are able to take the raw energy and interpret in the context of practical living experience. I do not mean to exclude people who do this and live "intuitively" and not necessarily with such ability and awareness that they can share it with others. I hope this clarifies my perspective when saying we are not all telepathic.

One other thing to add is that telepathic communication can be quite pure. In my experience it is the essence of the concept before diluting it with the limitations of language and fitting the idea to familiar concepts people will recognize. At its best, it is pure communication. Perhaps this truly sets it apart. Most of what people might label "telepathic" is not pure enough to be telepathy. I do understand that you can be close enough to another person enabling you to pick up on their thoughts and some people can pick up on the thoughts of strangers. There is picking up on thoughts and then there is pure communication of thought.