View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
While this thread is still active I'm going to take the opportunity to make certain points I've often made. They're not intended to be adversarial or provocative but they may make thinkers consider them and come back with their reactions. Here goes....

The way I understand mediumship is that it's the facilitation of communication of some kind from individuals unseen in the etheric dimension(s) to individuals in this physical world.

Mediumship can furnish teaching and guidance from spiritually-evolved guides and teachers - 'philosophical mediumship'.

Mediumship can bring reassurance and evidence of the continued existence in spirit of family, friends and others - 'evidential mediumship'.

Mediumship can provide healing or healing help for a wide range of conditions - 'healing mediumship'.

There may be others but the above are the more common ones. The mode of mediumship eg clairyoyance, clairaudience is much less important than the benefits it brings - mediumship provides a service for a third party.

I could go on to detail what's not the mediumship I understand but that's less important and can be inferred. When anyone says "I'm a medium." then I will be expecting her/him to be working in one or more ways to those I've outlined.