Thread: Insect Decline
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Master
It feels like a completely hopeless development, this decline of insects. It will have profound consequences for all life. But this happens when you have global market systems and farmers having to produce and compete with the rest of the world. Pesticides and herbicides are common practice, and all life dies except a few sturdy ones (''weeds and pests'') and the crop that is accepted. We are destroying the web of life..

Just in recent days we've had very hot temperatures (12-16c) for this time of the year, when it should ideally actually be still below 10C. But most people think ''Oh there's sunshine, and I can get a tan now!'' That's how far most people's thinking goes. It's the same with their attitudes towards insects, people think it's great when there are less insects..

I find it really painful to even have to share this world with so many ignorant buffoons. What it all means spiritually is that those who are ''in charge'' are extremely incompetent. Personally I spare every fly and mosquito. And if people care about these matters they would have a proper garden with wildflowers, not just pointless green grass, manicured hedges, and stones..