View Single Post
Old 16-11-2022, 10:06 AM
Master

Ah yep I relate to what you are all saying about the Xmas fiascos. I made a decision a few years ago and told the whole family “I am not doing Xmas anymore”. I didn’t want to buy presents, receive presents or go to anyone place and that was that. They couldn’t get their heads around that one and carried on and on about it, trying to make out there was something wrong with me. But I didn’t buy into any of it and stood my ground. Two of them don’t talk to me now either, but frankly I couldn’t care less. So you can’t seem to win, with it or without it regarding family.

But come Christmas Day I get little presents and cards from my gorgeous two neighbours, I have a lovely dinner and Xmas pudding, a glass of wine and a long chat with my best friend who lives over east (who also doesn’t do Xmas). And a glass of wine later in the day with my neighbour and I throughly enjoy it. No travelling, no hassles no stress. Brilliant

Oh I might add, I do send money for my little granddaughter for Xmas.

I realise that this might not work for everybody, but I am comfortable with being by myself and so it works for me.