View Single Post
Old 31-10-2022, 03:04 PM
asearcher

Yes, I read that you have this trouble with the reincarnation. I think we are meant to look different and what is seen as beautiful or not is in the eyes of the beholder but then there are these "forms" that one sometimes is faced with. I think what has gotten under my skin is when other people think they can decide, for me as well, as if they speak for everyone what is beautiful or not, or that they think they should be treated better than anyone else, when they try to have that sort of attitude.

I thought the school years was just this looong pathetic bad joke with "branding" people and putting them into different categories. I was bored out of my mind, and did not want to play, be part of that. I somehow thought it would go away as I got older. But every now and then I was to meet one of those who desperately seemed to have a stuck up I'm all that, look at me, don't look at you - of an attitude.

Now thankfully I find that there are more fashion styles and looks that are spinning around and I think that's great, people should look the way they want to and everyone should feel just fine being themselves. I find that far more interesting, and attractive, just how much can be in a person, the complicity, and the simplicity, all swirling around.

I think though with the very handsome/intellectual guy I dated before- he had interesting eyes, actually, I liked them - that what we clicked, the things we had in common it wasn't so much the physical, not in that sense, not saying it didn't matter, but still..... I think why I insisted on not seeing him more was because that glott in his eyes, him being so aware of the other women, the attention. But even if I think he liked that on one hand, I think nobody truly wants to be objectified.

I think the same way with my husband, his physical appearance was the one thing his narcissistic parent could brag about, see as superior status, but I could tell by some of the things he said that he had felt objectified, and that was a turn off for him, that it did not feel personal. But bottom line I t hink one wants to be loved body and soul, putting it all together. But the way the eyes are, and how they look at you, expose a great deal about what kind of person the one looking is, perhaps more so than what one self is about.

My husband is still much more aware, care more, for how he looks if lets say we are going to go shopping. I could not care, to be fair. He won't leave the home "dressed down"/relaxed clothes, and he can comment what else is not done that he has to do before he steps out. I simply do not care. But he has been raised that it has to be "just so". Another thing he is about is that he says he always think I am so clean (LOL, what a compliment) while he think he is not after a while. I think to him - him thinking I am so darn clean or what ever - is this bonus points, as if that is beauty,to him, you know? What we see as attractive or not can be on such an individual level. I would never have thought. I take care of my business just as much as everyone else I guess. I don't know what would be so particularly clean about me. I can joke with him these days as before he would only I think give me a compliment very early on when we were dating and then none of that. These days I can suddenly grab his arm and ask "My God? Was that a compliment you just gave me? Are you alright? Did it hurt?".

I honestly think lots of businesses sort of give you the message you are not good enough the way you are if you don't have this or that and we are being bombarded with it. I don't mind businesses or what they sell, but I am against such messages. With my husband having this idea he has to look like this or that when leaving the home and me not giving a dam about it is because I suppose I know everyone else is busy with their lives and their cellphones and I don't judge nobody on how they are dressed down or dressed up, it's their business (as long as they don't throw their hair around right in my face we're good, ha ha).

I have always thought that statistically the way I look or anyone else look that it has to be someone else's taste, that someone will think it's beautiful. That even things on me that I do not appreciate, think are all that, someone else - statistically - should. Now who am i to say if that is right or wrong? I think perhaps that is why I have been more calm about it. I have been the same way when people think there is only one Mrs or Mr Right. Statistically, with all the worlds' population, there ought to be more than one, LOL. I think everyone is gonna win as themselves, and loose as themselves and we're all in the same boat, whether we realize it or not, so better to then just sit relaxed in the boat and not have it tip over on us. But the eyes - yes like you say, the soul is there.

Last edited by asearcher : 31-10-2022 at 03:47 PM.