Thread: opposite lives
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2022, 07:39 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Just curious; which one do you like?
I am guessing both lives had their pro and cons but as far as romantic side of things what was shown to me was not ideal in either life time. However it felt more authentic in the arranged marital life as I don't think there was any false expectations, perhaps more out of practical cause and a belief that the roles were set and there was respect within those roles, even if perhaps with modern eyes we would view it differently. Little like you were given an assignment, had a purpose on this ship and your partner had another assignment, but as different as they were they were both needed. I could sense a love there but don't know if it was a love that came to over time, grew.

The other life felt fake through and through and as if I could not stand it even if the openness part of it was still not hushing about as much as one would think they would. It kind of gave me the feeling there was nothing to hold on to. I am guessing these people married for both the fortune and the love but if it would turn sour they would have these affairs instead of getting a divorce.