Thread: Self-love game
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Experiencer

I keep coming across writings that say to do this kind of thing, to make a list of things I like about myself....so here goes nothing.

1: I look younger than l am. I'm in my early 20s, but most people guess I'm 10-15 when they first meet me. Like I'm just some cute harmless little geeky hippie girl.

2: I sound older and more mature/sophisticated than I actually am. When people speak with me over the phone, or don't assume I'm a cute little girl, they think I'm 25-30 and ask what my college major was. My only "degree" is in protesting the modern education system.

3: I'm highly intelligent. In SOME ways. Although I used to be extremely arrogant about it, and I certainly still can be at times, I've come to the conclusion that EVERYONE is smart in their own way. I just happen to be the more blatantly obvious nerdy "book-smart" type.

4: I have an amazing memory. Which is both a blessing and a curse, because there are some things I'd rather not remember. Everything I see and hear is stored in my brain as a sticky web of synchronicity. Aside from struggles with name-face recognition, my awesome memory is the root of most of my "intelligence".

5: I'm also a very artsy-craftsy individual. There are few things I can't make on my own, from lye to vinegar, batteries to turbines, chocolate, toothpaste, rucksacks, distillers, greenhouses, jewelry, picture frames, chewing gum, adhesive tape....When I see something at the store that interests me, I rarely consider just buying it. I think "How could I make that?" instead.

6: My senses of smell and hearing are pretty sharp. Not like a dog, but enough to hear or smell a fart from across the house. I guess they compensate for my horrible near-sightedness.

7: My "moral code" is pretty strict. But I put "moral" in quotes, because some folks may strongly disagree. I have a very earth-centric misanthropist philosophy. While openly polite and modest, I have a deep interest in the "taboo" and "primal", and I live as a cavewoman out in the woods. When I'm not in town "family-sitting".

7: I'm a complete teetotaller and in a happy loving relationship with another teetotaller. I haven't drank alcohol in almost 5 years, my boyfriend has only ever drank water his entire life, and neither of us have taken an aspirin, Tylenol, Benadryl, cough syrup, antibiotic, or Tums in over a decade. If God didn't make it, we won't take it.

8: I'm very strong-willed. I might not be very big, or particularly physically powerful, but most folks simply give up fist-fights with me because I WON'T give up. They throw me against the wall, I just stand back up and laugh at them. I've been punched in the head so many times but never knocked out.

9: I'm agile, flexible, and skinny. But being skinny is NOT as great as people think it is! I'd rather be slightly "overweight" than underweight any day, because I feel so much healthier with some fat on my bones. I'll take what I can get though.

10: I see dead people. And the future. And the past, assuming time is even that linear. I think everything that ever "was" or "will be" just IS. I can feel life and love flowing through everything, and I have such an intense bond with every creature I come across. Cats, dogs, snakes, slugs, plants, mushrooms, soil, rocks, fire....All are alive and I love them all. Except for other humans; they all try to separate the world into "people" and "animals", and I just can't see past that anthropocentric arrogance. I seriously bond more with corn seeds than other humans.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.