View Single Post
Old 27-04-2022, 04:18 PM
Guide
I keep a bag of new socks in my car and give them to homeless people, when I have it I also put a 5 dollar bill in the socks. I want to comment on the Ester said about feeling uncomfortable giving money to homeless people due to concern over how it will be spent. It is none of your business how it will be spent. If a person is homeless because they are an addict and the money people give them is for the substance they are addicted to and you don't want to support that, it is your money. However, how can you tell why someone is homeless and what they may spend money they are given on? You can't unless you actually know them. I have seen homeless people who share everything with other homeless, others who are addicts but have no help for that, some are mentally ill but have no insurance and no relatives to help take care of them, others are only temporarily homeless. We don't know why they are there, and maybe their purpose for some of us is to show us a different perspective on why or how or who would be homeless.

We only give to the homeless and others to make ourselves feel better anyway.