View Single Post
Old 17-06-2011, 02:35 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
I have strong experience of the malleable nature of time, but of course, not on this physical level. History exists. Here, when a person says as Uma did that images prove kundalini has been "recognized since ancient times", they are not simply interpreting the images on a timeless level as you suggest -- they are making claims about what the makers of the images actually meant by them.

Dear me, it's a terrible amount of trouble to go to, to actually listen to the voices of the people who made the images and really understand as best we can what they actually meant!

How much easier it would be, simply to say the images mean what we choose them to mean!

But that of course could only be true to us in the present. It is a completely different question whether this or that nation or culture or time period knew about the kundalini process. There is evidence in some cases for that, but not in others. And without evidence, simply declaring that true is repainting history with no regard for the people concerned, a human habit which tends to have bad consequences.

Surely you do know that history is re-written all the time, no? The Texas state board of education and Sarah Palin have been doing that right before our very eyes!

You *cannot* trust history. Period.

You cannot even trust science! Try to get at the Truth through observation - like a good scientist conducting experiments, measuring and weighing - all you want, but realize that Quantum observer effect has already proven that you, by observing, will influence the outcome of what you want to measure. If you want to prove your thesis that not all Serpent images represent Kundalini, then that is what you will get, when you open the box. If Uma wants to prove otherwise, that is what she will get. The Truth is YOU'RE both right. The cat is both dead and alive.

And science is already showing that what we do in the present or the future, can directly re-write our past. Personally, I like the theories that say time flows backwards (which would explain all the syncs), but I'm open to the idea time doesn't exist or is weirder than we could ever imagine.

That's not to say that studying history can't be fruitful and productive - but I'm with Uma on this. It's not to be taking literally, because it may not even exist, and certainly doesn't exist in a linear fashion as we experience here as humans. No, history is merely stories with rich symbols and archetypes to follow in one's spiritual quest. If you listen closely, universe is talking.

Be more abstract, less concrete. With concrete shoes, you'll sink to the bottom.