View Single Post
Old 22-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Trungpa Rinpoche's teachings are some of the best, and stand on their own.
This is my view also. He could not have written/spoken the way he did had he not studied and walked the whole path, realized ‘Emptiness/Shunyata’, Nonduality etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Maybe I've got it wrong based on what I read, I honestly didn't know He had a Son...
Trungpa Sr. had his problems, but a lot of talk is also based on ill intended moral grandstanding gossip to embellish the self imo.....

I have no idea what Trungpa Jr. (accused of sexual misconduct) has written ....

The preaching:

When the self believes that it is separate from others, then from this self-centeredness the negative emotion (poison) of pride arises in which one arrogantly believes oneself to be in some way better than others.

And from here also arises the belief that we only believe and do the desirable good things, and those undesirable bad things are what others believe in and do. Heh.
One would not think so, but it seems ego-pride does get that childish …

As long as we believe ourselves to be superior to others, it is impossible to learn from others like ……, ……, …., ….., well, the list becomes endless really …. heh.

In the end - we all alone - are "answerable to God” – or it is what we alone do “in the face of Totality” that counts and within this relative, dual good/bad realm/dimension, we learn from everyone and everything if we are open to it ….

Last edited by sentient : 22-09-2020 at 11:03 PM.