View Single Post
Old 16-06-2019, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is an example of what Patanjali might describe as one of the five modifications of consciousness - an imaginary scenario of the mind which has no basis in reality.

I am not in the Congo threatened by fanatics and dealing with Ebola. I am sitting at my desk on a bright sunny winter morning. God is present here and now. If I imagine myself in the Congo then I am moving away from the here and now into a modification of consciousness, even though that modification of consciousness is also happening in the here and now.

If my physical reality was being in the above situation in the Congo, then that would be my here and now, and God would be equally present. Physically it might be somewhat less pleasant, but God would always be present.

Our awareness of the Divine is a state of consciousness. It does not depend on any particular physical environment.

Peace.
...or it does, until we can see beyond it and not get stuck in the mere perceptual recognition of how things just appear to be...either individually or collectively.

It is a journey of unfolding...from the more gross levels to the more subtle ones.

For example, I was brought back to this thread, by guthrio posting on a thread I made in the Buddhist forum about how perception is related to experience in the context of moral development.

Now, many on here may perceive each thread on this forum to be a separate and distinct topic in and of itself...I see each of these "threads" to be interwoven into a Divine tapestry of my own understanding which is only limited by my perception.

Not many will be able to see that all my replies and responses are merely a continuation of philosophical thought and argument going from one thread to another...and in such a way, I can also see the discrepancies made by many posters in regards to all these concepts.

Please allow me to share that thread here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=129929

We choose to see only what suits our agendas at the egotistical level really...and even though such things like wars, ebola, starvation etc, is going on...spare a thought for the weed growing through a crack in the pavement, or the ant pushing a bubble of water uphill like Sisyphus without the surface tension of that bubble breaking due to perpetual motion:

It is also natural for those who can't believe to decry "fraud" and to seek a 'rational explanation' to satisfy their mental ego - believing in the power of the "Almighty Photoshop" as a placating explanation (excuse) as to why certain things just "cannot be so".

While, for those who can see the pareidolia in a cloud that is shaped like a teddy bear, others may say "be that as it may...I still welcome it as a gift from an intelligent designer of the universe".