View Single Post
Old 26-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
I agree with you. It is not up to humans to save anything except ourselves, and that sometimes seems impossible. Earth is a beautiful planet, not a sewer pipe. I remember in the 80's when I found a few books written by women in the 50's & 60s (the seth material was one set) and one author insisted that the earth is a prison planet for all the bad souls to be held and there is a quarantine on the planet so good aliens can't come here to rescue. Another wrote that only special souls get to incarnate here and that is why the aliens are abducting people to find out how to get a soul. Another book I read described aliens coming to earth to save the good people, that book had a date and prophecy that nuclear war would destroy everything and only 144,000 people would be saved by the aliens. (don't know why it was aliens instead of god). LOL! There was a lot of focus on aliens from outerspace for some reason.

Anyway, I think the earth is fine without us, and there is no such thing as ascension. We all ascend when we die and that experience is not what we think because we are not humans, we are "souls" (for lack of a better term) having an experience in human bodies on planet earth. Leaving the earth body is a homecoming. Also, Earth is not a school or place to repay karma, unless that is the ride we chose.

I think the whole "alien savior" thing stems from our technological "advancements" in the past few centuries, exacerbating the false dichotomy of science versus religion. I prefer the most ancient definitions: science is to split and dissect, while religion is to gather up and piece together again. Two sides of the same coin. Now I certainly believe in extraterrestrial life, but those aliens are no more better than us or the worms in our guts.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore