View Single Post
Old 27-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
I personally benefited from a staying home mom who forgo her career and worked from home for my dad's business. She paid others to do all housework but she was the primary caregiver for me.
I knew that she had her own professional aspirations and personal life goals. So, I am very grateful that she sacrificed those dreams

Beautiful & heart warming comment here, I think every mother whose put in the work wants to hear this from their children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
To answer your question.
The working parent should volunteer if he/she has enough energy for physical work of doing the housework and childcare. But it should not be mandatory.
Staying home parent should assume most of the housework and childcare.
However, as far as the income sharing, it must be 50/50 in a marriage, especially with children.- without a question.
In fact, most staying home parents control the finance - paying bills, etc. Budget setting and Investment decision should be made together.

I wholeheartedly agree with this 100% I was a career woman before and when I had babies. I gave it all up to stay at home with my children and raise them myself. So, I couldn't agree more with your entire assessment here and I have lived by it.

I should add to the OP, having small/little children is temporary. They grow up,its not always going to be a 24-7 job, so Definitely consider having a back up plan for your future.