View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In your second home country, Arizona, some take advantage of the system. For example, the 'poor' are given free food which means that 'other' people show up for their food quota because their is no verification that they are in need.

As for restaurants, a few are at full capacity. I asked how they can do that. I was told, after the Health Department visits them, they can 'do whatever they want'.

There are always those who will take advantage of any system designed to help the genuinely needy. Here we have business support to try to keep businesses afloat while they have no income so they can function again if we ever escape this pandemic.

It's known there are thousands fraudulently claiming but there aren't the resources needed to authenticate claimants' true status. And even the comparatively few found to be fraudulent claims can't be taken to court as our courts have a huge backlog of cases, delays of up to four years to hear cases have been forecast.

As for restaurants those who sit in them are foolish if they're near capacity. Even at reduced capacity I'd be reluctant to eat in any of them, air-conditioning circulating any virus particles so lots of diners get exposed. Then there's the issue over cleaning and disinfecting shared areas, tables, rest-rooms etc. But everyone must surely be aware by now - mustn't they?

You can lead a horse to water.....