View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 08:47 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I think ego and vanity is fun to toy with occasionally but we shouldn't be too attached and take them home to bed. LOL

Sometimes I like to straighten my hair with my flat-iron but it takes me about 20 minutes to tame my mane so I don't bother with it on most days...That's probably the extent of my vanity with my hair as I don't even bother with using a hair dryer...Takes up too much time so I let it dry out naturally...On average it takes me 5-10 minutes to get ready to go out somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
But for me, I think there is definitely a fine line between healthy self esteem VS vanity/body dysmorphic disorder. I choose to practice the former, but the latter was something I used to struggle with for a long time...

Oh God I can relate to this one...When I was in High School I was very self conscious of my physical self...I was a twig, LOL!

On the topic of healthy self-esteem and exercise, I've been exercising on my elliptical pretty much daily for the past couple months (also changed my diet and cut back on drinking alcohol)...I think I've dropped a good 25 pounds since last November (I slacked off a couple months though, LOL)...not only can I tell/feel the difference (I feel lighter and my clothes fit looser...) but people notice the changes in my face and waist area....My ideal goal is to get back to my "college" weight of around the 130s as that was what felt the healthiest for me...Keyword being "ideal" as I'm not inherently focused on any specific number, but using it as reference to how I *felt* health-wise and not for vanity reasons....