View Single Post
Old 21-07-2021, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
There's definitely a danger of that, but it's not a given that it'll happen like that - having an inner integrity and recognising when you might be clutching to the coat-tails of a particular person is important, I think, and recognising that there's a world of difference between knowing the path and actually walking it.
I have heard and read about many disasters with spiritual organisations, and corruption is also common, so I would not attempt to convince anyone they need a spiritual teacher to see them led astray. I think if people are feeling kinda desperate they become vulnerable to false promises and hope, and much of spirituality preys on that.

I really think that the 'teachers' along the way listen to you far more than they tell you, and there is an art to making enough space for things to grow. It's like a garden. You take care of the soil and things grow best. Plants already know how to grow. When they are young they need attention and protection, but you can't make them grow. Just optimise conditions