View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
This is a reflection on how we harm ourselves by "Borrowing other peoples Negative Energy".

I am not alone in the tendency to see someone doing something I don't like and instantly feeling angered and starting to judging them.

What I am becoming aware of though, is the reality that them doing bad things is bad on them. When I allow their bad deed to effect me on such a level, I am inviting their negative energy into my space and allowing it to bring down my own energy frequency.

This is what I am calling "Borrowing their Negative Energy" or "Borrowing their Bad Karma".

Bottom line, it is their bad Karma and there is no harm in allowing them to have it. We don't have to share it with them, we can in fact let them keep it.

I know sometimes it seems unjust and we want to be able to effect change to stop them, but it is also important to determine if you are even in a place to accomplish as much and if the answer is, "No", then consider stopping the energy sharing with the realization that what they are doing is wrong and consciously telling yourself, "But that is their bad Karma and I don't have to share it with them."

I have only just started practicing this and even in small instances it is a great aid in reducing stress.

Open to other peoples interpretation of what it means to borrow negative energy.

Very insigthful post. Thank you for this.

I have read in a book on psychology, that we tend to become just like that which we perceive or imagine we hate in an another person, when we confront that person.

For example, if you perceive a person to be arrogant, we tend to become arrogant towards that person. This may actually be a misunderstanding or false perception, but still we act as that which we hate in that person,towards that person.

Hatred thus, psyschologically speaking, only tends to increase negativity and reactiveness within us, and with it stress and tension issues.

So, a non-reactive attitude based on self-awareness, would be the best possible approach under such circumstances to be immune to any potential negativity or inflammable scenarios, if we lack the necessary strength to effect a positive change in the scenario or situation.

This kind of an attitude can build inner strength to the point where we may perhaps be able to effect a change, without being entangled in the volatile situation. Patience is the key, I believe.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon