View Single Post
Old 20-02-2022, 01:23 AM

I don't have time to view all this now, but definitely want to check this at some point when I have more time.

The closest I found as "proof" was research done by Dr. Samuel Parnia. You can find plenty of info about his research online.

But, his research did not confirm an afterlife per say, just that consciousness does continue on for at least some period of time after the cessation of life (aka no blood flow, no neural activity in the brain, etc.).

I question the evidence myself all the time. I want to know. Know if there is a true purpose here or not.

And I have heard of plenty of "mediums" and "psychics" that claim they can prove it. However, it mostly seems to be selective bias, cherry picking, and wish fulfillment that makes them "accurate" more than anything. No offense, some of you may be good and valid. However, when you look at solid research, it's not good. Every time one of them was put to the test to prove themselves, in EVERY single controlled study, they failed miserably.

People WANT to believe so bad that their deceased loved ones have continued on that they will cherry pick the information that the psychic/medium throws out there that is consistent with their loved one. There are many hoaxes who can give what seems to be amazing readings to people too, mostly based off of tossing generalizations out there, seeing which ones the subject responds to, and basing their reactions to lead into their next subject/topic.