View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Yes that is the crock of it all, you can fly in and out and "so called quarantine for 14 days" to most places in the World, yet your screened at the USA land boarder for entry. Yet many just say "Gong to Alaska" and over they came. Now to get on a plane you must pay for a private Covid Test and you are followed up on when you get home.

You still can drive from a Province on Lock Down to shop freely here and stay in a hotel, visit a ski resort or local hotel (cheep rates on now). We are free to go to any restaurant and eat out with friends. They are all social distanced yet cant have that same friend over to our home. There are so many gaps in it all but its how its set up.

I work retail and customers are NOT giving us our 6 foot space or respects and employees feel they are OK to stand right nest to each other as we have been "Temp Checked" at the door coming to work. So again flaws in the system.

We have a lot more freedoms than many in Canada as our numbers have been pretty good, and we have cluster traceable outbreaks. That is not to say we are in the clear. One of our Ski Hills has a outbreak.

In our last Lock Down Home Improvement stores were deemed "essential service so the lines there for Garden Season were unreal. I never went to any of them, I was house bound ill that whole time with severe Sciatica.

It makes no sense at all what is allowed and what is not allowed. I heard that in Manitoba that the police were monitoring streets at Christmas to see whom was going in and out of houses. That police choppers were in the air looking around.

We are looking at closing the road boarders in BC for the long weekend to come. Will see we rely on the tourist income so much here another season gone will be hard on many more.

Lynn

I work at a retail store.

Today, a homeless person came in to the store, smelling extremely bad. We had to open all of the doors. The person had no mask, no foot wear and I caught the person stealing a whole bunch of stuff.

In this person's case, there was nothing we could do. Police surely would not intervene and even if we took the stolen stuff away from the person, we would have to throw it away.

By the way...... the homeless person looked very much sick.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜