View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 02:20 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
I know all the doctors I have seen in the past have all told me there is no such thing as magick and such. But sometimes I wonder if mental health issues aren't just a strong lingering curse. I mean psychiatry is sort subjective to the accepted reality. And like I said all the doctors I have talked to don't believe Magick is real. Or at least that is what they say. So how does science bridge that gap. If science can't validate the unseen world they can never accept it as a reality. And never really deal with the underlying problems with mental health. That is of course if mental health issues are caused by something other than just a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Yeah I don't bring anything up involving a belief system. They will just pass them off as the illness or disorder & to engage in such a topic would be understood as validating our delusions. Even if the doctor or therapist personally believes in what you are bringing up they likely won't talk about it because of how that industry conditions their workers. If that makes any sense, lol.

I understand exactly what you are getting at though & I agree with the heart of it. I do look at my conditions as a great source of spiritual strength, & it is. BUT at the same time I have learned that it is important to be grounded in logic & more in my body. I have a strong connection to my intuitive/psychic side that is made possible due to the physical reasons behind my disorders. Like brain chemicals, wiring, how the psyche developed. Even though the last one might be more psychological than physical.

To be honest, I believe these Healthcare workers have good reason not to really engage any of their patients in anything like that. Alot of it has to due with who the individual is as a person, if that makes any sense. I have come across several people on this website with diagnosed schizophrenia and a few other similar disorders. Mostly Schizophrenics though. So yeah probably a good handful of people taking a spiritual approach to their disorders, using it as a strength too. But idk I feel the overall majority of the people are.....idk the right word..asleep maybe? Idk but ik you know what I am saying. Some people are just nasty people as it is and a lot are good. Just the same as people without mental disorders.

I just play their game. I respect the doctors for what they are I guess. They have dedicated their lives to a career in mental health so I try not to undermine them. But I have to use my best judgment first and foremost. I've luckily got paired up with a good psychiatrist earlier this year when my previous dr (he was alright, not great but ok) retired early due to the pandemic. Anyway I just give the facts and listen to what she has to say. I've basically just let her decide my medicines, but I've had myself basically in charge when it comes to one medicine because of the physical side effects.

That's just what I think. I have been on medicines for 3 years straight. I've learned i do need them, i do so much better. Right now, I feel they are beneficial. If I ever feel the need to get off of it, I will cross that road when I get there.

I like it here because there is more of an open minded view on mental health all in all. Plus there are others such as yourself to speak to regarding the spiritual side to it all.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

~ Albert Einstein &/or Bob Samples

"However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."

~ Albert Einstein

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

~Thomas Jefferson
______

EXISTENCE IS PAIN
______