View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 03:20 AM
Master
@ JustBe ~ about recognition, be it thought or instinct or emotion or noticing our moment to moment responses, in my view, in as what worked for me, was and is, simply being in a state of awareness, without calibrating, measuring or interfering with whatever arises and subsides.

Now, our awareness is not constant since it is governed by the Gunas* (*Satva ~ purity, Rajas ~ desire and Tamas ~ inertia) but over time, if we simply keep on looking, witnessing, we become the stillness within each storm. We are centred and then the external is engaged in yet with gusto, zest and zeal but from the fulcrum of nonchalance.

The core essence to this, as I see it, is an unclinging orientation, wherein we embrace and release the flow of life, moment to moment. We are here, not in the past or future. There is no residue.

Continuous contemplative consciousness correction is the ‘method’ I employ wherein this becomes so innate to us that it is adopted unthinkingly.

Let us take anger, as you had mentioned. At an awareness level below Satva, we can easily succumb to sudden rage. However, by being mindful as a way of life, our ‘rebound time’ gets shortened. Thereafter, we simply review the occurrence as it appeared and receded in our mind-body apparatus as vibrations not in alignment with love. We do nothing, simply recognise this without interfering. Over time, whatever vibrations are not fed by us, they disappear.

Looking without assigning ownership to the rising and subsiding of occurrences places us in a stillness continuum. We may say, we as formless awareness are the subject and body the subject. Strictly speaking this too is not true because all such classifications are but thought constructs.

All transient thoughts and emotions have actually nothing to do with our core essence but yet they are here, owing to past momentum, created by us only. It’s like when we switch the ceiling fan off, it keeps rotating for a while before stopping.