View Single Post
Old 29-11-2020, 12:05 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl

- For me to make a statement like 'unicorns don't exist' I must first define what a unicorn is, and therefore effectively create a unicorn in my imagination.
- So I'm saying unicorns do exist in thought/image but don't exist in another realm like the physical reality.
- The statement 'unicorns don't exist' therefore occupies a dualistic conceptual framework. From a nondualistic framework, presumably there's no split between mind and matter, imagination and physical reality. Imagined and material unicorns are just as real or unreal as each other.

I'm close to saying that there's neither existence nor non-existence of things in the nondual framework, just (being); but the paradox is holding me back. Perhaps the problem is I've dived straight into using the words existence/non-existence before defining what existence means.
A unicorn is a representation of consciousness, an avatar if you like, so it helps to understand how it exists. It is a representation of what the inage means to people, what it conjures in the mind of those that see it. That's the true nature of the unicorn, not that it's a horse with a horn. But then, how can anything that doesn't exist enter your consciousness? Do you create an image of what a unicorn means to you out of your imagination or does it invoke something that already exiswts inside you?